Code Changes, Call for Committees and Free Webinars
The International Code Council (ICC) is heading into a busy October. This months update from the ICC is jammed full of information for the 2009 Annual Business meeting and code development process. Also check out the free webinars that the ICC is offering to help you and your fellow inspectors make the transition from the 2006 codes to the most recent 2009 codes.
Call for Committees. The International Code Council is currently accepting applications for the following Codes & Standards Committees. Application deadline is October 14th.
- Swimming Pool Code Drafting Committee (SPCDC)
- ICC Code Technology Committee (CTC)
- ICC Councils
Fall 2009 ABM and Code Development Hearing Schedule. The schedule for the code development hearings and annual business meeting in Baltimore, MD is as follows: October 24-31 and November 4 -11 will be the code development hearings. The Annual Business Meeting will be held on November 1-4 all at the Baltimore Convention Center.
- Conference registration
- Download the Hearing schedule
- Monograph of Code Change Proposals now available. You can download the PDF fire or request a CD be mailed to you. For video or links visit our tutorial
- Major Revision to the Code Development Process. The ICC Board of Directors recently made changes to the Code Development process in response to significant input received from members and industry over the past several years.
- By-Law change proposals, The Board of Directors voted to forward proposed bylaws changes to Articles II, X and XVIII to a full vote of the membership commencing with the Annual Business Meeting in Baltimore, Maryland, on November 3, 2009. The proposed changes include language regarding Governmental Members and their Voting Privileges. For the complete set of proposed changes, visit:
ICC Green Construction Code updates. The ICC launched its International Green Construction Code (IGCC) initiative on June 29th, which will reduce energy usage and the carbon footprint of commercial buildings. Entitled “IGCC: Safe and Sustainable by the Book,” the initiative is committed to develop a model code focused on new and existing commercial buildings. The second committee meeting was held in Denver on August 27th thru 29th.
- For updates, Visit the Green Construction Website:
Stimulus Tool Kit, Tools to help ICC members and member jurisdictions apply for funding available under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).
Code Council Presents Free 2009 I-Code Overview Webinars. ICC is launching a series of free overview webinars on the 2009 I-Codes, especially valuable to many in the industry who face tight budgets that restrict or eliminate training and travel expenditures. Each webinar runs almost one hour and provides an overview of the code. The webinars cover the most significant changes between the 2009 and 2006 editions of the codes, and provides viewers with a technical overview of the new code.