Don’t forget to change your clock and change your smoke alarm batteries!
UL has released free training on the dangers of engineered, lightweight truss construction. This training is based on the DHS funded research conducted by Underwriters Laboratory. The training includes video from the fire area and even the thermal imaging views. See the full story
What happens when contractors don’t do their job and the building inspector gets involved? What if the complaint can’t be heard because the contractor’s license has already been revoked? Bad contractors and bad work, leads to headaches!
Politics and Christmas trees, the new Wisconsin Fire Code has been recently adopted and has started many discussion on the use of Christmas trees in Churches. So does the Wisconsin Fire Code eliminate natural cut trees in assembly occupancies? (Check out the NIST video)
- Accessible house, a mothers drive to make her house safe, beyond the minimum code
- Investigators to Examine Scene of Fatal Ohio Oilfield Explosion
- Idaho leads the way with electronic plan review
- Historic Code for Historic buildings
- Ventless gas fire places, everyone’s at odds
- 15 rescued from apartment fire in LA
- Michigan Building inspector runs for mayor
- Big pile of wood, does it meet code?